REPORTS TO: Principal, Corporate Advisory
SUPPORTED BY: Management Team, Professional & Administration Personnel
At Koustas & Co, our vision is to perpetuate meaningful partnerships by positively impacting every person and every business. We succeed in developing long-term partnerships because we are passionate about helping businesses flourish.
Since 1998, we have been expertly advising substantial commercial businesses, including SMEs and mid-market companies, plus thriving family businesses and their owners. We focus on solutions and are committed to enriching our professional and personal development.
Our core values are:
OWNERSHIP – We take ownership and embrace the tough decisions
RESPONSIBILITY – We accept responsibility for our actions and do what we say we will do
ACCOUNTABILITY – We are relentlessly committed to rigour and tough minded accountability
To fit into our team, you must be able to adhere to our values, culture, and performance standards.
We have a new opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced professional, to join our Team as a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will play a critical role, collaborating with the Directors, Management & the Professional Team in facilitating strategic decision-making for the Firm’s corporate & business advisory clients.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to provide accurate and timely analysis on the business performance and strategic direction of our clients who will become an integral part of the finance function of our client’s businesses.
The role will encompass monthly management reporting for clients, and involve analysis and research into business profitability, solvency, stability, and liquidity. This will include management accounting, monthly reconciliations, forecasting, preparing written reports, presentations, and monitoring financial results.
In addition, the Financial Analyst will help clients with other ad-hoc tasks including, but not limited to, developing, implementing & monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), preparation of financial models, utilise business intelligence and analytics tools to help deliver insights into client businesses and provide management with real time data to make decisions.
You will have a willingness to utilise technology to support you in the functions required in the role, you will be forward thinking and willing to explore ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Analyse financial data, including monthly or periodic management accounts, budgets & forecasts and analysis of financial ratios – taking into account the client’s goals and financial standing;
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance;
- Summarise data and prepare sophisticated reports on financial status and risks;
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis;
- Utilise the firm’s subscription to business intelligence software applications to monitor the overall performance of the client base;
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models;
- Identify trends and recommend actions, based on thorough analysis, for Directors & Corporate Advisory Manager to present to clients;
- Routinely calculate and monitor compliance with business finance and lending covenants;
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Gain, maintain and update business knowledge relevant to clients to remain informed about the industry/sector in which they operate;
- Consult with Directors & Corporate Advisory Manager to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making for clients;
- Help identify process improvement and government policy development initiatives that impact the relevant business; and
- Prepare and deliver written reports by presenting to clients on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven commercial working experience as a Financial Analyst of at least 3 years;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills;
- Technologically minded and forward thinking;
- Experienced in management accounting;
- Hands on experience in statistical analysis;
- Outstanding presentation, report writing and communication skills;
- Experience in business and corporate finance;
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments;
- Technically competent – strong analytical, and research skills;
- Excellent problem solving ability;
- Business acumen;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Tertiary Academic Qualifications in Finance, Business, Accounting or Economics